Unlike some private equity shops that focus on particular industries, PCG defines its target market based upon size and location. The small businesses we seek are often viewed by other acquirers as potential ‘bolt-ons’ to a larger business. Oftentimes in such scenarios, the acquired office gets shuttered and employees dismissed. To the contrary, at PCG, we view your business as the launch platform on which to build. We invest in small companies (strong preference for majority position) with the following attributes:
• Operations within two hours of Milwaukee, WI
• Manufacturing, Distribution and Service Companies
• Core business that can serve as platform for growth
• EBITDA < $2.0 million (wheelhouse: $500K – $1M)
• Management Buyouts, Recapitalizations, Divestitures, Stalled Growth and ‘Boomer’ Retirements
A key element in our assessment is the presence of a talented individual – or team – within management seeking to participate as an equity holder going forward. Every company’s greatest asset is its people, and we aim to closely align our interests with those of the company’s future leader(s).
Please note: PCG does not seek opportunities in real estate and retail operations.